Christmas is here and you don’t have to stress out or splurge this holiday season over your last minute gifts. Check out some of our great low cost gift ideas for some fabulous last minute deals.
Gifts that Keep Giving:
• Club of the Month—these come in all varieties and price ranges and can be especially thoughtful for a friend or family member that has affinity for a particular item. A host of companies offer Club of the Month items which include: exotic or seasonal fruits, rich wines from around the world, variety of cheeses, prime cuts of steak, mixed types of sausages, and even jars of pickles! Although yearlong memberships can be pricey, it is possible to find great last minute deals online by comparing websites that have special offers over the holidays or to opt for shorter memberships like a three month option.
• Humanitarian and Environmental Causes—for friends and family members that want to give back, you can make a difference by finding an organization that uses your gift to make a difference in an underprivileged family’s lives or that makes a positive impact on the environment. Some examples include buying a goat to create a livelihood for a family in a famine stricken area in Africa, or planting a tree in a deforested area. These organizations will be happy to send you a report or a certificate which your selfless friend or family member will appreciate and be touched by.
• Movie Tickets—everyone loves the movies and a gift of movie tickets makes for a fun date or family outing to the preferred movie of their choice. Be sure to check if there are expiration dates for ticket usage or that there is a movie theater of the chain you choose to purchase in your recipient’s near vicinity.
• Books—there are books out there for every age group and interest. Whether you choose to give a gift card for a friend with an electronic book or stop by your local brick and mortal book store, book remains a classic gift that can be enjoyed by recipients of all ages. For recommendations, check online reviews or talk to a store attendant.
Give an Experience:
• Get Pampered—watch out for great coupons in the mail or online during the holiday season for local spas and health clubs. This can be a fun way to paper a loved one and give them an experience they will love.
• Fun Excursions—Christmas is also a great time to look out for deals like buy-one get-one free and other special offers for excursions like wine tours, boat rides, lunch cruises, special interest classes and so on which make for terrific gifts for friends and family. Be sure to check out what restrictions apply before purchase.
Last minute Christmas gifts do not mean gaudy sweaters, or generic boxes of chocolate, although we all do love chocolate. They can be thoughtful, personalized to specific interests and fun, without exorbitant price tags attached.
Photo credits: New Books! by Abdulla Al Muhairi/flickr; Fruit-Snacks-Sampler-mothersdaygiftsbaskets by mothernaturebeauty/flickr; Pedicure by Sarah_Ackerman/flickr
Tom Blanchard is an expert at last minute Christmas shopping—just ask his wife! He also writes for couponcroc.co.uk, a top UK coupon site that has all the best deals.