When people love to grow flowers in their gardens working hard over plants they off course like to see those flowers arranged beautifully in vases inside their homes too. If you really want to bring those colors in your home than choose for the most bright and vibrant colored blossoms at the peak time of blossoming in your garden. Once you have cut those flowers off the plant and brought them indoors now you need to take more care of them and handle them with care so they may last for longer time to cherish you.
1. When you go out to cut the flowers take a bucket full of warm water with you and as soon as you cut the flowers immediately place them in the bucket. Keep the bucket near to you and out of direct sunlight when you are out.
2. You should always cut flowers off your plants at early time of the day. Choose the flowers for cutting that have just started to bloom and are very fresh in perfect condition. You can use the normal utility knife to cut them off and as you cut drop them in the bucket of water with you. Cut the flower from just above the crown. As soon as you finish cutting take the flowers inside your home immediately.
4. Take arm water in a bowl or fill your sink with the water and now take each stem of flower in your hand keep it under the water and while keeping it there slice about an inch the bottom of stem quickly at an angle of 45 degrees and quickly place the stem in vase. You may cut more of stem if you want shorter length. Do cut any leaves if they are below the water level in the vase.
5. You will have to pull up the stem straight from the bowl or sink so the water keep dripping so the inside of stem remains saved from air. And than immediately drop in the vase which is already filled with water and flower preservative solution.
6. Now you will have to place your flowers away from direct sunlight or any other source of dry heat. Keep changing and adding the water to vase every other day with addition of floral preservative to avoid bacterial development.
7. Whenever you make a new solution in your vase follow the same step of cutting about an inch of flower stem from bottom keeping it under the water. This helps in delivery of food and nutrients up to the bloom through the stem easily increasing the life of cut flowers.