Have you ever thought what a blessing it is that is offered to people all around the world by the online florists? It is just simply great that no matter in whatever part of the world you are near or far to your family you are always able to send them greetings for any special occasion with the most beautiful flowers and gifts through online flower delivery sites like www.flowers2world.com. Find any online portal that offers the flowers delivery to Canada and you can get delivered any gift or flowers living anywhere in the world to any place or town in Canada. Be it any city, any province any small town or whatever you can find the florist that would be offering an online delivery to that place.Till few years back it was a dream or an impossibility to get flowers delivered to even another city in the same country but now you can get flowers delivered in Canada being in any of the part of the world. Moreover the greatest part is that no matter from how far the order for delivery is being placed all the good online florists will assure you for the freshest floral delivery to your desired destination. Most of the online florists have their representative florists working locally all around the Canada and when an order is place the nearest florist prepares the floral arrangement with the freshest and best flowers as ordered by you anddelivers it to your loved ones.All of these online florists allow you to get floral deliveries to Canada for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, get well soon, sympathy, new born, new home, congratulations and for all other events occurring round the year like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, Easter and all such other occasions. Well it is really great and easy to get flowers delivered to Canada through online florists because there they have catalogues of floral arrangements in each category so you can even find the most suitable flowers very easily and you always know how your flowers will appear to be when they are finally delivered to your beloved the key again is just to choose the trustable online florist and that is a job for the wise man.So do not wait and hesitate here is the opportunity for you to be part of all the events and celebrations going on in your family and friends in Canada even if you are far from them by getting the flowers delivery to Canada done and this would even make them happy too because they will feel like if you are too present with them.
Roses are one of the most famous flowers in the world and are liked by almost every single person on this earth. How roses have been associated to the world and lives of people since very long is really interesting. There are some really astonishing and interesting facts and information related to the roses and their presence in the world. Let’s explore some:
- According to the fossil evidence and carbonadoing the clue is that roses at least go back as far as 35 million years ago.
- There are over 100 species of roses on the planet today. The majority of these species are native to the continent of Asia.
- There are over 15,000 different types of rose species throughout the world.
- Shakespeare referred to roses over fifty times in his works.
- The term “rose” has French, Latin and, Greek origins.
- The fruit of the rose plant is a berry-like structure called a rose-hip.
- Do you know that rose hips have more vitamin C in them than any other fruit or vegetable?
- Mythology says that roses grew thorns when Cupid accidentally shot an arrow into a rose garden.
- A true blue colored rose does not exists and is considered the “holy grail” amongst rose breeders.
- Roses have also been used in herbal and folk medicine. Some species are used to treat stomach discomfort and are being investigated for being able to control or limit cancer growth.
- The crew that was with Columbus picked a rose branch out of the ocean on October 11 of 1942. This was a signal that land must be nearby. And amazingly the very next day America was discovered.
- The oldest rose in the world is over one thousand years old. It can be found growing on the wall of Hildesheim Cathedral, which is located in Germany.
- The largest rose ever bred was a pink rose measuring approximately 33 inches in diameter.
- California is cited as growing about 60 percent of the America’s reserve of roses within a green house setting.
- The beautiful rose is the national flower of the United States.
- The rose family also includes pears, apples, cherries, plums, peaches, apricots, and almonds.
- Roses are valued for their romantic symbolism but their blooms are also edible. It has the flavors of green apples and strawberries.
Roses are often considered as the most perfect flowers for expression of love. Roses are the flowers through which each level or intensity of love can be expressed. Every color of rose holds a different meaning and expresses a different level of intensity of love. Roses since long have been playing the great role in expression of love whether it’s through their color that the different messages are being sent or it’s the number of flowers used. Here is some useful information about roses for you.
Roses & Numbers
|2 Roses Joined Together||Engagement, Coming Marriage|
|12 Roses||Ultimate declaration of love|
|50 Roses||Unconditional Love|
|Bouquet of Mature Blooms||Gratitude|
|Single Rose in Full Bloom||I Love You; Engagement|
|Full Blown Rose Placed Over Two Buds||Secrecy|
|Half-blown Rose||Timid love|
|Thorn less Rose||Love at First Sight; Ingratitude; Early attachment|
|Rose Leaf||Symbol of Hope|
A single red rose given says “I love you”.
Deep red rose does not express even deeper love instead it expresses the shyness in love.
Burgundy roses are used to express the prettiest love the one that is held deep down in the heart of lover.
Deep pink roses are sent to say “Thank you”.
Pink roses are sign of perfect happiness.
The bright color of yellow roses send the message of joy and are supposed to be perfect for sending to friends.
White roses are used to say “I am worthy of you”. White roses are also used by secret admirers.
If you want to propose your girl than present the red and white roses combined together with an engagement ring.
|Red Roses||love, passion, “I Love You”|
|White Roses||innocence, purity, reverence, humility|
|Red & White Roses||unity|
|Yellow & Red Roses||friendship, falling in love|
|Pink Roses||grace, gentility, perfect happiness, sweet thoughts|
|Light Pink Roses||admiration, sympathy|
|Dark Pink Roses||gratitude, appreciation|
|Yellow Roses||joy, gladness, friendship, platonic love|
|Orange Roses||desire, new beginnings|
|Black Roses||death of old habits, renewal of spirit|
|Green Roses||calm, fertility, fruitfulness|
|Purple Roses||royalty, majesty, enchantment, protection|
|Lavender Roses||falling in love at first sight|
|Tie-Dyed Roses||fun, crazy in love|
Wedding is one of the most important days in everyone’s life as this is the day when people get into the relationship with someone to whom they can call their very own and that is the most different relationship that comes into one’s life. Till being married we have parents, siblings, cousins and friends in our lives but once a person gets married he or she finds out the person who acts as their sole mate and people hardly long for anyone else than. Each relation in one’s life holds a different value but the value that a better half holds in one’s life is higher and most different amongst all. If looked around in most parts of the world summer is the most favorite time for weddings and every wedding is incomplete without flowers around. Amazingly most flower ranges are also found in summers as flowers are blooming to their maximum in this season.
Whenever a wedding is decided a bride is more concerned about the bridal dress and the flowers for arrangement and for the bridal bouquet. Actually the matter is simple the whole environment of wedding area or reception area as well as church depends over how beautifully it is decorated. So it is really important to figure out as to which flowers should be used. As summer is a busy wedding time so the bride and groom be very sure of their choice of flowers and well in advance because at this time florists are excessively busy too in handling out so many of wedding so be careful so you do not fail in finding the flowers that you like. The best part about the wedding in summer is that you will find about almost every flower so you have a great range of flowers available to choose form in terms of type, colors, sizes and everything.
Favorite pastel colors used in summers include cool blues and pale yellows. While the bold purples, brilliant reds and oranges really suit this season too. If you want to make your wedding appear all bright and sunny than choose the red, yellow and orange roses for bouquets and even for setting up in bride’s hairs too. Well if it is about celebrating the modern wedding than choosing sunflowers as the flower is also a nice option. The other cut flowers that are widely opted for summer wedding for different purposes like bridal bouquets, boutonnières or central arrangements for tables or for any other décor are:
- bachelor buttons
- geraniums in pink, red, white, blue
- moss rose
- poppy in red, orange, yellow
- berries such as Blueberry or Raspberry
Outdoor locations are also chosen for weddings in summers so that may help in determining the flowers too like for if a wedding is taking place in a botanical garden the flowers grown in that garden can be chosen for decoration while if a wedding is celebrated on a beach than deep blue iris and bachelors buttons with sand colored tulips will create a really amazing effect while on the other hand at such a venue sunny yellow and fiery red poppies will work perfectly too.
Orchids are believed to be the most complex flowers among all whether it’s about growing them at home or if considered in regard to their species. Broadly all the Orchid species are divided into 5 groups.
- Epiphyte: This is the type of Orchid that is found to be growing on trees and other plants. But they do get their required nutrients from water and air too; they do not remain dependent on other things only.
- Lithophytes: These are strange type of orchids and they grow over rocks. They have also the system same as epiphytes to gain the nutrients necessary for their growth.
- Monopodial: This type will have new growths over its stems that grow vertically. (They will need less space horizontally but should be planted at a place that is open and free till high.)
- Terrestrial: These are the orchids planted in ground and they gain their nutrients through their roots who extract minerals from the soil they are placed in.
- Sympodial: These are the Orchids that grow horizontally and so they spread sideways. They usually spread very quickly.
The flower symbolism associated with the orchid is love, beauty, refinement, many children, thoughtfulness and mature charm. Orchids are found in several colors and bring about different impact every time with a different meaning.
- Yellow orchids are amazing, bright and cheerful. Yellow orchids bring a graceful feeling to any floral arrangement. Commonly known as flowers of love, yellow orchids have a rare and delicate beauty. Also, yellow orchids are a symbol of royal elegance.
- Black orchids are mysterious flowers. They are described as fantasy flowers that have magical powers. Black orchids are a symbol of power and absolute authority.
- White orchids are the rarest type of orchids. Beautiful, elegant and pure, the white orchid stands out in every flower arrangement. White orchid represent delicate beauty. They stand for purity, innocence, virtue and divine beauty.
- The pink orchid is a magnificent flower. The pink orchid is the most delicate and interesting flower. Pink orchids are known to be flowers that represent love and pure affection. Pink orchids stand for pure affection.
- Red orchids are often described as “an Asian love’s dream”. Radiant and grand, red orchids represent the extraordinary wishes of love. Red orchids stand for passion, energy, power, strength, determinism.
- Blue orchids are rare, beautiful and deep meaningful flowers. Blue orchids represent delicate beauty. They are royal in color, and therefore, they represent depth, power and stability.
- Purple orchids are stunning and their color is absolutely magnificent and the blooms differ from the brightest shade of royal, mysterious purple to the gentlest shade of lavender. Lavender orchids provoke romance and elegance, while deep purple arouses mystery and suggests uncertainty.
There is no limit to the flowers that are found in this world and so are the huge number of interesting things about them. We often look around us and find such beautiful flowers that mesmerize us through their colors and beauty but there are many things that we just can not observe by just looking at them and these little things also hold capability to astonish humans for what a world exists within a flower. Here are some interesting information collected from the flowers world.
● Crossbreeding was common in the 18th century when Luther Burbank successfully crossed an oxeye field daisy with a Japanese daisy to produce the Shasta daisy, which is not a daisy but in fact it is a chrysanthemum.
● Roses are valued for their romantic symbolism but their blooms are also edible and have the flavors of green apples and strawberries.
● Women prefer pastel colored roses, men on the other hand prefer red.
● There are over 15,000 species of roses cultivated across the world.
● Americans bought more than 1.2 BILLION fresh cut roses in the year 1996. That’s 4.67 roses for every man, woman, and child nationwide.
● The rose family also includes pears, apples, cherries, plums, peaches, apricots, and almonds.
● Lilies are presumed to have originated from the Far East and are one of the oldest plants known.
● Bamboo plants have the ability to flower every few years and when they do, the flowers of the same species bloom at exactly the same time.
● There are over 400,000 different species of flowers covering the planet.
● A bouquet of a dozen Wolffia blooms would comfortably fit on the head of a pin.
● To Greeks, an orchid is a symbol of virility. To the Chinese the word orchid means love.
● The names given to flowers date back many years and are some of the first words of spoken language.
● Tulip bulbs can be used in place of onions for cooking.
● There are more than 800 genera of orchids with around 50,000 species.
● Chrysanthemums are one of the few flowers that can be cultivated bonsai style.
● In Malta, chrysanthemums are associated with funerals, so they find it unlucky to keep the flower indoors.
● Amazingly, Tulips can continue to grow as much as an inch per day after being cut.
National flowers or National emblems since ever hold a great importance in all parts of the world. Almost every country in this world holds its own National flowers that represent that country. Here is the list of National flowers of different countries. Knowing about these flowers is fun as you can gift a friend of yours belonging to some other country with the national flower of his country to greet on their national day.
- Antigua & Barbuda – Dagger’s Log
- Argentina – Ceibo Erythrina
- Austria – Edelweiss
- Australia – Golden Wattle Acacia
- Bahamas – Yellow Elder, or Yellow Cedar
- Balearic Islands – Carnation
- Bangladesh – Water Lily
- Barbados – Dwarf Poinciana
- Belarus – Flax
- Belgium – Red Poppy
- Belize – Black Orchid
- Bermuda – Blue-eyed Grass
- Bhutan—blue poppy
- Bohemia – Thyme
- Bolivia – Kantuta
- Brazil – Cattleya Orchid British
- Columbia – Dogwood Tree Flower
- Bulgaria – Rose Rosa
- Canada – Maple Leaf
- Chile – Copihue
- China – Plum Blossom
- Columbia – Christmas orchid
- Costa Rica – Guaria Morada (purple orchid)
- Cuba – Butterfly Jasmine
- Cyprus – Rose Rosa
- Czechoslovakia – Rose Rosa
- Denmark – Marguerite Daisy
- Dominica—The bwa kwaib, or Carib tree
- Egypt – Lotus Nymphaea lotus
- England – Rose Rosa
- Ecuador – White Nun Orchid
- Ethiopia – Calla Lily
- France – Iris
- Finland – Lily-of-the-valley
- Germany – Centaurea/Knapweed
- Greece – Bear’s breech
- Greenland – Willow Herb
- Guatemala – White Nun Orchid
- Guyana – Water Lily
- Holland – Tulip
- Honduras – Orchid
- Hong Kong – Orchid
- Hungary – Tulip
- India – Lotus
- Indonesia – Jasmine
- Iran – Red Rose
- Iraq – Rose Rosa
- Ireland – Shamrock
- Jamaica – Tree of Life
- Japan – Chrysanthemum (imperial) , Cherry Blossom
- Jordan – Black Iris
- Korea – Rose of Sharon
- Laos – Rice
- Latvia – Oxeye Daisy
- Liberia – Pepper
- Libya – Pomegranate blossom
- Lithuania – Rue
- Luxembourg – Rose
- Madagascar – Poinciana or Flamboyant
- Maldives – Pink Rose
- Malta – The Maltese Centaury
- Malaysia – Hibiscus
- Mexico – Dahlia
- Monaco – Carnation
- Nepal – Rhododendron
- Netherlands – Tulip
- New Zealand – Kowhai
- Nicaragua – Sacuanjoche
- N.Korea – Azalea
- Northern Ireland – Flax
- Norway – Purple Heather
- Pakistan – Jasmine
- Panama – Dove Orchid
- Paraguay – Jasmine-of-the-Paraguay
- Peru – Kantuta
- Philippines – Sampaguita Jasminum sambac
- Poland – Corn Poppy
- Portugal – Lavender
- Puerto Rico – Puerto Rican Hibiscus
- Romania – Dog rose
- Russia – Chamomile
- Scotland – Thistle
- Seychelles – Tropicbird Orchid
- Sicily – Carnation
- Singapore – Orchid (a hybrid orchid)
- Slovakia – Rose
- Slovenia – Carnation
- Sri Lanka – (Water Lily)
- S. Africa – Protea
- S. Korea – Hibiscus
- Soviet Union – Carnation
- Sweden – Linnea
- Switzerland – Edelweiss
- Tahiti – Gardenia
- Taiwan (Republic of China) – Plum blossom
- Trinidad and Tobago – Pride of Trinidad & Tobago/Wild Poinsettia
- Turkey – Tulip
- Ukraine – Sunflower
- United States of America – Rose
- United Kingdom, England -Tudor rose
- United Kingdom, Scotland – Thistle
- Venezuela – Orchid
- Virgin Islands – Yellow Elder or Yellow Trumpet
- Wales – Daffodil
- Yemen – Arabian coffee
- Yugoslavia – Lily of the Valley
Many European countries do not have a national flower, for instance modern France, Spain and Italy.
Roses are ancient symbols of love and beauty. Roses are often considered as the most perfect flowers for expression of love. Roses, in particular, define love so well because of all the various shades some of which are natural and some are man-made; that symbolize the various stages and emotions of love and romance. Here is some really interesting information about roses.
- A single rose of any color in full bloom means “I love you.”
- Two roses put together to form a single stem means an impending engagement or marriage.
- A dozen roses in a bouquet represent a traditional romance, but can signify something more particular, such as a dozen ways that I love you.
- Two dozen roses in a bouquet represent an even deeper attraction and can tell your beloved that you think of them every hour.
- Three dozen roses symbolize a romance that is unlike any other.
- Four dozen roses represent an unchanging and unconditional love.
- One red rose combined with several yellow roses means joviality.
- Pale colored roses symbolize friendship instead than romantic love.
- Deeper colored roses symbolize a more romantic love with passion and intimacy.
- All roses symbolize love, but certain colors of roses can take on special meanings. Opinions vary on the many meanings of roses, but here are some of the more common.
1. Red Roses love, passion, “I Love You”
2. White Roses innocence, purity, reverence, humility
3. Red & White Roses unity
4. Yellow & Red Roses friendship, falling in love
5. Pink Roses grace, gentility, perfect happiness, sweet thoughts
6. Light Pink Roses admiration, sympathy
7. Dark Pink Roses gratitude, appreciation
8. Peach Roses passion
9. Yellow Roses joy, gladness, friendship, platonic love
10. Orange Roses desire, new beginnings
11. Burgundy Roses beauty
12. Black Roses death of old habits, renewal of spirit
13. Blue Roses mystery
14. Green Roses calm, fertility, fruitfulness
15. Purple Roses royalty, majesty, enchantment,
protection, paternal and/or maternal love
16. Lavender Roses falling in love at first sight
17. Tie-Dyed Roses fun, crazy in love
- A bouquet of unopened roses or rosebuds is a symbol of youth and innocent love.
- Red rosebuds symbolize youth and innocent love.
- Pink rosebuds symbolize a love of youthfulness.
- A combination or red and pink rosebuds means that you are youthful and beautiful.
- One full bloomed rose given with two rosebuds symbolizes a undisclosed love.
- White rosebuds symbolize a heart that is too young for romantic love or a heart that knows no love.
- Moss rosebuds symbolize a first declaration of love.
- White rosebuds that have dried or died symbolize short-lived beauty.
Lily is one of the most beautiful flowers in the world and is widely used in the floral arrangements as cut flower. There is a huge variety found all over the world for lilies in different colors and shapes. Lilies basically belong to the Asia but is now found and cultivated in all parts of the world. Its regal attractiveness, rich bloom and magnificent scent have fascinated the hearts of many, making the lily flower almost as popular as the rose.
Types of Lily Flowers:
Lily flowers are found in numerous colors and each of them brings out a different meaning to the world of human emotions.
White lilies are pure flowers symbolizing virginity, as in the Christian history the white lilies are a symbol of Virgin Mary herself. White lily is the most opted flower amongst all of the brides on their wedding. White lilies symbolize purity, virginity, youth and majesty.
Red lilies are graceful and striking flowers. They arouse feelings of passionate love and desire. Red lilies are special flowers to enjoy on special occasions. Red lilies stand for the best feeling in whole world; nothing else than “love”. Red lilies are a symbol of warmth and desire.
The most famous pink lily in the world is the Stargazer lily, because it has the strength to express every feeling you can think of from delight to admiration and compassion. Pink lilies represent wealth and prosperity, but are considered as a symbol of adolescence and acceptance, as well. The appearance of lilies may guide our thoughts to feelings of hope and aspirations.
Purple lilies are a hybrid between regal trumpet lilies and Asiatic Lily; purple lilies are found in a variety called Purple Prince. Purple lilies are a symbol of royalty. As the lily symbolizes the innocence, beauty and purity so mixing it with the royal color will make it even greater presentation of royalty.
Orange lilies are used for an extensive range of events like weddings, funerals, Halloween, Easter, Thanksgivings, and birthdays. Orange lilies are also called fire lilies and do not hold a loving meaning. These flowers when gifted to any one deliver the message of hatred or death of recipient. The orange lily does not stand for joy and happiness; it stands for lesser nice feelings and meanings.
Tiger lily is basically specie of orange and black lily. They are also known as leopard lilies. They are a deep shade of orange, with black spots on the blooms. Tiger lily is often used in bridal bouquets too. Tiger lilies symbolize wealth, pride and prosperity.
The most popular varieties of black lilies are; “Black Spider” Asiatic lily in black and white, black-red “Black Beauty” lily variety and “Black Jack” lily. Black lilies are mysterious flowers. Black Lily has a charisma in it that has all the strength to captivate the human eye. Black lilies are symbol of death. It is also considered that black lilies are a symbol of lies.
Flowers are the most beautiful gift that can be given or received by any one. Although the flowers do not last for ever but the message and the care that is delivered through those flowers last forever. Nothing else than flowers have the strength to fill our hearts with so much pleasure on receiving them from a loved one. All around the world flowers are believed to have their own language. Especially roses are the most commonly gifted flowers among all the cut flowers. Different colors of Roses in Russia too hold different meaning. Russian women love to receive flowers and take it as care and attention from their men. But there are some superstitions attached too with the Russians so never gift your gal the flowers in even numbers. Always gift the flowers in Russia in odd numbers because even numbers are funeral.
The different colors of roses are believed to send the following messages:
If you do not choose to gift a bouquet of any one particular color of rose and goes for the one that have all the colors mixed than that will send only one message and that is that you appreciate, think and care about that special girl in your life.