The flower arrangement is an art type that is being practiced through out the whole world and is loved by almost every person on the earth because nothing means more than having flowers around you. There are different styles and methodologies or philosophies adopted by florists in different parts of world that result in very different types of floral arrangements presented to sooth the aesthetic sense of all flower lovers. Flowers are the mean to deliver messages for so many people every day in this universe. So beautiful arrangements mean a lot for them especially when it’s about delivering multiple messages that is not possible by any other way than a beautiful amalgamation of different flowers.
There are certain principles that florists consider and undertake when preparing a flower arrangement. These principles are numerous; yet at least six are considered at every cost.
• The first principle or thing considered by the florist is making an imaginary flower arrangement according to occasion, place and things available; this is called the design. This is the first step when florist prepares a floral arrangement in his mind as to how he would be carrying out with all the material available according to all conditions to be considered.
• Next principle for any floral arrangement is that it should be balanced. The florist need to consider completely that all the accessories are used in a balance as this is going to make a flower arrangement look stable and beautiful. In balance of flower arrangements two things are considered that are colors and form of floral arrangement. The two types are symmetrical and asymmetrical balances. Symmetrical is when there is balance of accessories used on both sides while asymmetrical is one when there is no balance but it seems to be balanced due to use of flowers in a way that makes the arrangement appear balanced. This is done as dark colors appear to provide with more weighting.
• The third principle is about scale that is the material to be used should be in collaboration with the container in which the flowers are to be arranged. Over crowded with lots of material or lack of flowers and material both won’t look fine. The other thing to consider in Scale is that the materials used should also be according to the size of container something too big in a small container or small thing in large container would make arrangement appear bad.
• The next to come up is Rhythm. Now Rhythm is something that makes the viewer to catch the main line instantly with the first glance on the arrangement so the whole composition is understood well.
• Focal point is the next point of consideration in creating floral arrangements. This is the centre of the flower arrangement from where it feels like that all flowers are blooming out. Large and dark flowers are used in this part.
• Harmony and Unity is the last principle that emphasizes over appropriate use of flowers in proper size and colors in a way that flowers with each other and with container create a beautiful and catchy contrast.
By considering the above mentioned principles florists are able to create those arrangements that make us fall in love with them immediately.