Flowers are such a beauty that everyone always want flowers to remain around them. Having flowers around in daily routine provide humans with more energies and spirits to carry on with a much active and happier day. It should not be just the way that we should keep flowers in our houses only when we get them as gift from someone in fact one should buy flower for him or herself too. Many people do not buy flowers just because they do not want to spend some amount of their money on something that is too perishable and won’t last more than a week. But, there is a way out for all such people. Just buy the fresh flowers yourself and than dry them out to create beautiful dry flower arrangements and hence feel your money invested in something that would provide your home with beauty for long period of time. Here are some different methods for you to dry and preserve your roses.
• Air Drying:
This drying process takes 2 to 3 weeks. You can hang your flowers upside down in a warm, dark and airy room and keep one thing in your mind that always choose fully bloomed roses for drying not the ones that are more like a bud. Spray light mist of surface sealer spray or hairspray on each of the rose when hang to dry.
• Petals Air Drying Method:
If it is about drying just the petals, you should take wire mesh screen placing it over try and then spreading petals over it. Be sure that the petals remain well ventilated and keep turning them every couple of days so they dry out equally on both sides. These would dry earlier than the blooms.
• Microwave Drying:
When you want to dry shorter stem roses or shorter cutting the best method of drying is through microwave. Set your flowers separately over a microwave save try and place it in microwave turning the heat to lowest and checking flowers every minute to avoid over drying.
• Silica Gel Drying:
Silica gel can be obtained from any supply or hardware store and than applied to flowers. Silica gel absorbs all the moisture from the flowers and hence makes them dry.
• Freeze-Dried Roses:
This is the method that helps in retaining the color and fresh look of rose petals. After this procedure they will not wilt and won’t even stain anything. These petals are best to be used in preserved floral arrangements.
Roses are the much loved flowers and the best fragrant ones to be believed too. Like preserving flowers by drying them out is great so do it is to dry the rose petals to use in scrap books to cherish the beautiful memories of your life or for making homemade potpourri for decoration in your home. There is a quick way of drying rose petals that is through microwave and yet retaining the vibrant colors of petals as you picked them and there you can form a colorful potpourri for yourself by using rose petals of different colors.
1. Use the flowers that have begun to open so it becomes easier for you to remove the petals separately and picking them without tearing them.
2. Hold the stem firmly in your hand and remove one petal at a time so you are just not destroying any of the petals.
3. Now pour in silica gel into the microwave save container till about an inch in height.
4. Now place the petals over this layer of gel in a way that they should not be touching each other or kept one over another.
5. Now cover your petals with silica gel, once they are covered pour more silica gel into the container again forming a layer one inch high and place more petals the same way over it as you did before. Keep repeating the process until your container is full.
6. Now keep the container in microwave and set the time at one and a half minute for rose petals to dry.
7. Now take the container out of the microwave and cover it with lid and set aside for 24 hours.
8. Start removing the petals one by one from the container and brush them with soft brush to remove any particles of gel over it.
9. Take acrylic paint and spray it over the petals to form a light coating over petals.
Now you are ready to use your petals as potpourri or for any other purpose or way of decoration, once the coating has dried over the petals.