When you plan to have a brunch with your mother on this very special day celebrated specially to tribute mothers and you want to get flowers for that you definitely need to take in consideration the few things. It is obvious that whatever flowers you’ll buy for the brunch will be displayed on the table no matter it is at home or some where at a restaurant. In both cases the flowers chosen should be the ones that would not hinder in the conversation. There are few flowers that are perfect for displaying on the table for the special Mother’s Day brunch.
It is always great to choose the sharp and vibrant colors over mother’s day to make it even more lively until and unless your mom has asked you for something subtle and soft like white roses or lilies. It is great that Mother’s Day is the time when all the spring and summer flowers are peeking out so you can get a good range of bright and wildly colored flowers.
You can buy or order online Gerbera Daisies, mums, tulips or roses because these are the brightest flowers available very easily around the Mother’s Day. Buying these flowers is possible even for those who have the limited budget as these flowers are available in abundance so they are found at cheaper price as compared to other flowers.
If you are creating a floral arrangement yourself in a vase or if it is that you have ordered a floral arrangement online but as a token of tribute from you, you want to add a touch of yours in the flowers you can get some greenery fillers so when you arrange your flowers in short vase you can put in the fillers like baby’s breath as much as you want. A little greenery tucked in a touch of yours very own will make it even more special for your mother as she can more strongly feel the love of yours towards her as she could see and feel you efforts in everything you do for her over this brunch especially for her.
If you wan to order flowers through an online florist try to book an order in advance and well ahead although many floral delivery sites like flowers2world offer same day deliveries but still as the time is when there is a lot of rush and too many orders you may fail to get the opportunity for getting your flowers delivered to your mom on the right time.
Here is the third and last blog for the series of methods for drying flowers. Now you all have an open choice as to which method you find easiest and most suitable to dry out your flowers. It is always great to dry flowers and secure them for long as mostly we have great memories attached to those flowers. But keep one thing in mind, if you want to dry flowers don’t wait for your fresh flower to wilt or droop you need to start the drying process with the fresh flowers. Before you start drying keep one thing in your mind that you’ll need to remove any withered or damaged petals off the flower.
Drying Flowers Using Microwave:
If you like dry flowers but you just don’t have the patience enough to wait for till that long than you have a way out and that is drying your flowers through microwave. Drying flowers through microwave is a fast and effective way. It is a little difficult to dry flowers through microwave because than you need to be a little careful as the results may be not as desirable as they can be through air drying. All that works in microwave drying is the try and experience. The more experience you have the more will be your expertise to choose the right time for drying your flowers. When you dry your flowers in microwave you need to be more careful in selecting the flowers. They should be at their prime else they may turn out to be ugly brown in color. Drying in microwave is done with the drying agents. Place a layer of half inch in the box and then place the flower in it covering it than again with the drying agent. Place the flower in the microwave and do keep a small bowl of water beside the flower in microwave. After every minute or a half you will need to rotate the flower. Almost all the flowers get dried perfectly within 3 minutes but sometimes a rose may take about three and a half minutes. Keep checking your flowers for if they have dried every time you rotate them. When you think your flower is done and cooked well take it out of the microwave but do not remove it immediately from the drying agent. Let it rest and settle for few hours. Again experimenting will make you get to know better that how long any of the flowers is needed to be left in the drying agent. This time can be any where from 8 hours to about 24 hours.
Drying flowers is fun and something that makes us keep feeling the pleasure of the love and care that we receive through flowers for long. First blog of this series have already reached you and here is the other method for you through which you can dry out your flowers.
Drying Flowers Using Drying Agents:
In first blog we got to know how to dry flowers in air. Now the method that you can use to dry flowers is through drying agents. Yes there are numerous materials that are used as drying agents for flowers. Mostly the flat type of flowers like pansies or daisies is best when it comes to drying through these methods. Drying agents that are used for drying flowers are silica gel, sand,fresh kitty litter and white cornmeal and borax mixture. Among all the drying agents silica gel is believed to be the most effective one. Drying flowers through drying agent would need you to have a dish or tray that is deep enough. In the dish lay an inch high layer of your drying agent. If you have flat flowers like daisies or pansies you can place them facing down in the drying agent and later pouring the drying agent over the flowers. If you have the flowers that have multiple layers of petals than you should place them facing upright in the dish or box whatever you are using. This way you can pour in the drying agent on to the flower making sure that it is completely covered with the agent. For drying flowers using drying agents you need to keep intact the stem of flower at least a half inch long. After you have completely covered your flowers with drying agent keep them in the safe area or to accelerate the drying process and making it get done in short time you can use the microwave too. Check a flower for the dryness and if you find them even a little soft cover the flowers back and let them dry until they turn out to be dry completely and feels like paper. When your flowers have dried and you want to store them, wrap them carefully in a sheet of paper or newspaper and put them in a box. You can keep the box in your garage or store room. While you store flowers be careful of rodents or insects. You can use mothballs as a precautionary measure to remain saved from the problem.
Still there is another method left for you before you go for drying flowers, so you can choose the one of your choice that you find the easiest. Keep coming and checking around for the third and last part of this series.
People do like to keep the flowers for long with them. Sometimes these flowers are bought by us ourselves and sometimes they remind us of great happy moments as gifted by the very special people in our life over different occasions. Drying flowers and than using them in arrangements and other things help us in saving the flowers for years and helping us in remembering all those golden moments. There are majorly three different ways used to dry flowers. Here is how you can save your flowers too for years.
Air drying is the most commonly adopted method by people to dry out flowers. This one is really simple too. Just cut the flowers right after the dew is gone and remove all the foliage off the stems. After you have removed the foliage either hang each flower upside down with the bottom of stem tied to a nail or any thing else with the string. You can either hang each flower separately or form a bunch and hang it after tying it. Keep one thing in mind that hang the flowers always upside down so the petals and flowers head remain straight and doesn’t appear like the drooping ones when kept in vases. If you want to dry only the flower heads than place them on a sheet of paper or news paper. It is very important to provide flowers with appropriate environment for drying. Dry your flowers always in cool dark place because keeping them in sunlight would cause the flowers to fade out. Humidity, temperature, air flow are all the factors over which the time needed for drying the flowers depends over. It may take from 24 hours up to a week for drying flowers depending on their type too. Whatever you do or however you dry your flowers out they should feel like paper when dried and no more soft. After you have dried your flowers keep them out of reach of dried and forced airflow. This may cause the dried flowers to brittle and shatter. To remove the dust off your dried flowers you can use the soft brush or the hair dryer at the lowest possible setting.
If you want to store your dried flowers than wrap them in the newspaper and place them in the cardboard box. When you store keep one thing in mind that they should remain out of dry or damp air reach. The temperature of storage place will not matter but the air is an extremely important factor.
This is the first method how you can dry up your flowers. Keep checking for the other methods to be shared shortly….. Till than have fun drying your flowers.
Drying flower tips and facts. Find out how to make your flowers last longer!
When ever one receives the floral arrangement as gift or if one cuts the flowers from one’s own garden whatever the source of getting the fresh cut flowers the person owning them always want to preserve their freshness and beauty for longer period of time. The flowers can stay fresh for long only if they are kept free from bacteria. Many times when you buy flowers from florists they provide you with the flower preserver and this is for what it is given by florists. It is either called flower food or flower preservative. If you haven’t bought your flowers from florist that means you do not have this commercial preservative so now if you want your flowers to stay fresh for longer try out this and have home made floral preservative.
Put the flowers in the water that is at room temperature or little warmer as cold water is not suitable for flowers because it have the tendency to shock the flowers.
Now add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice half teaspoon of bleach and one table spoon of sugar to the water and mix all well. This is going to work the same way as the florist’s food pack does normally for the cut flowers.
Now set your flowers in the prepared water and cut the stems of flowers at bottom at an angle of 45 degrees.
If you want to keep your flowers look healthy for longer period of time keep refreshing the water in the vase every two days and adding the lemon, bleach and sugar the same way. Every time when you change the water do cut the stems of the flowers the same way too.
Enjoy your fresh flowers for longer period of time and have the colors of flowers prevail all around your house to bring the freshness.
As fresh flowers bring beauty, aesthetic, colors, life and fragrance to your home they carry a disadvantage with them and that is they can not last for long. The pleasure brought by flowers and obtained by people is really very short period if you keep real flowers as cut flowers. Well it is impossible to hold the splendid fragrance of the flowers but you can surely preserve he beauty of these flowers by drying them and saving them with you for years to increase the beauty of your home and décor.
• Collect or cut your fresh flowers making sure that the stems are no shorter than six to eight inches in length.
• Inspect each bloom that you have collected keenly for any bugs. Now remove any dead petals and move away any loose leaves among your blooms.
• Now make a bunch of flowers that you collected for drying and tie a string that is about six inches long around the bottom of the stems. Tie them tightly and in a way that they are all held together.
• Now hang flowers upside-down using the string. Always hang flowers for drying in a cool dry place and out of direct sun light.
• Do not remove flowers down or untie the string any before than two to three weeks. It normally takes 2 to 3 weeks for flowers to air dry, so wait till this much time at least and even after that check your flowers properly for being fully dried before you take them out.
Dry out all the flowers that are given to you by someone and this way you can save your memories of a special day for a very long period of time.
Peonies are the beautiful flowers that are 6 to 8 inches wide and are found in red, pink or white colors. Peony are beautiful flowers to grow in gardens and equally beautiful to place indoors. You can dry these beautiful flowers up to save them for longer period of time. There is one common method to dry flowers and that is air drying while here I’ll provide you with the same to dry your peony flowers so you may secure the beautiful flowers that you got from a loved one in gift too.
1. Cut your peony flowers only in mid morning before the late morning sun make the flowers open up fully. The blooms best for drying are the ones that are not fully opened.
2. Cut the stems about six inch long and remove all the leaves off the stalk. Take 4 to 6 flowers in bunch and tie them with a rubber band at the bottom of the stems.
3. Now hang your flowers upside down in a cool dark room. This can be a place like basement or a closet. The process of drying will take one to two weeks. You will need to loop a piece of twine in rubber band and hang it on a nail or hanger.
4. Check your flowers after a week about drying. The drying period depends on weather too as in winters because atmosphere is drier so flowers dry quickly while in summers as it’s more humid so it takes time in the drying process.
5. Now carefully remove the flowers off the hanger or nail and carefully cut the rubber band.
6. Now your dry flowers are ready to add beauty to your home for long period of time. Either put them in a vase or tie them up to form a bunch to keep over a shelf.
Whether its an occasion like, birthday, anniversary, wedding, birth, or just a moment that you want to make special for your loved ones for no reason and just cause to tell them that you miss them and they mean a lot to you, sending flowers would definitely add to the excitement and happiness that would be enjoyed by your loved one in that special moment. Here are some advices for how you should be presenting or sending flowers to your loved ones over different occasions and events.
If it s a birthday get a floral arrangement that include gerberas and oriental lilies, as these flowers will make up a vivid and bright collection of flowers for the birthday girl or boy. You may add personal touch to it by adding the flowers in color that is liked by the person celebrating his or her birthday. If you want to add more excitement and freshness with your flowers, add up some balloons to it.
If you have a couple in your friends or relatives who just had a baby so to celebrate the birth of this new born you can get a beautiful floral arrangement. The appropriate flowers are chrysanthemums, irises, lilies, gerberas and spray roses to be used in these floral arrangement that celebrate the new arrival and its excitement. /you may accompany a cuddly stuffed toy with it that would be part of the very first toys collection for the baby.
When someone around you has achieved the greatest day of their lives that is graduation do celebrate and show them too that you are proud of them gerberas, roses and lilies in yellow and effervescent pinks are best to be usedin the floral arrangement prepared for this purpose.
There are times in one’s life when they want to say sorry and apologize to their loved ones for their mistakes and just saying sorry isn’t working than you should definitely go for sending a beautiful bunch of oriental lilies in bold orange and vibrant pinks. If you want to make it more striking than use orchids with purple and greens in contrast. This is something that will definitely going to make them say, I forgive!!!!
The best time to show your concern is when a dear one of your loses someone close to them show your concern and care to them by sending flowers in light pastel colors like pink, whites and crème and use flowers like lilies, roses or orchids. These soft colors will surely deliver the message that you care for them and you can feel the loss and pain they are facing.
Roses are the much loved flowers and the best fragrant ones to be believed too. Like preserving flowers by drying them out is great so do it is to dry the rose petals to use in scrap books to cherish the beautiful memories of your life or for making homemade potpourri for decoration in your home. There is a quick way of drying rose petals that is through microwave and yet retaining the vibrant colors of petals as you picked them and there you can form a colorful potpourri for yourself by using rose petals of different colors.
1. Use the flowers that have begun to open so it becomes easier for you to remove the petals separately and picking them without tearing them.
2. Hold the stem firmly in your hand and remove one petal at a time so you are just not destroying any of the petals.
3. Now pour in silica gel into the microwave save container till about an inch in height.
4. Now place the petals over this layer of gel in a way that they should not be touching each other or kept one over another.
5. Now cover your petals with silica gel, once they are covered pour more silica gel into the container again forming a layer one inch high and place more petals the same way over it as you did before. Keep repeating the process until your container is full.
6. Now keep the container in microwave and set the time at one and a half minute for rose petals to dry.
7. Now take the container out of the microwave and cover it with lid and set aside for 24 hours.
8. Start removing the petals one by one from the container and brush them with soft brush to remove any particles of gel over it.
9. Take acrylic paint and spray it over the petals to form a light coating over petals.
Now you are ready to use your petals as potpourri or for any other purpose or way of decoration, once the coating has dried over the petals.
A simple approach to create floral trinkets and craft items is by preserving flowers obtained from your bouquets or from your lawns. There are numerous ways of preserving flowers and drying them out, one of them is preserving flowers using hot glue. The effect bears a resemblance to flowers covered in botanical soap. The procedure doesn’t require much time or many materials. It’s also an enjoyable craft experience to share with friends or family.
1. First of all select the blooms or flowers that you want to preserve to make a floral arrangement later on. Be careful while selecting flowers that none of the flower chosen by you should have even a little of blemishes all flowers should be completely fresh.
2. Now you need to shear and trim the stems completely and remove all the foliage off the stem there should be just flower left attached to the stem. Start snipping from just below the peduncle of flower; this is the place from where the flower is joined to the stem.
3. Now choose the mold according to the size of flowers that you have chooses for preservation if you have chosen small flowers you can go for a metal ice cube try as this will provide you with numerous molds together. While if you’ve chosen flowers are big than you would need to go for bigger olds like soap crafting molds. Mist the mould by spraying cooking oil finely over it.
4. Now get your hot glue gun and prepare it for the process of flower preservation. Insert the glue stick in gun and wait for 5 minutes for gun to get heated up.
5. Now press the trigger of the gun to make the melted glue fell off the gun tip and lay a thin coating of glue on the bottom of your mold.
6. Now set the flower in the mold in a way that it settles right in the centre and than pour more glue over it but do not form a very thick layer of glue over the flower.
7. Let the glue to dry up for around 20 to 30 minutes and then tip the mold upside down. Now as the sides of mold were sprayed with oil the flower will slip out of mold easily and you have prepared the beautiful encased flowers to be used in numerous crafts to decorate your home.