Spring is the season when you see colors and flowers all around with soothing warmth in the environment due to a little higher temperature that feels like heaven after the freezing cold winters. In spring there are flowers on roadsides and every where even at the places where no work has been done in order to grow flowers. Now just think if this season is so favorable to plants that they start blooming even if not taken care of than what scenic beauty it will be when you work a little hard in your lawn or yard to prepare it for the season of spring.
Well if planned properly and before time you may experience wonders in form of flowers in your garden that would not only make you feel awesome but also make people get inspired with the beauty you have spread all around with your hard work. For growing flowers you need some prior planning like as preparing the soil and choosing the right time for sowing the seeds. Well if you buy the plants from some store you don’t need to start working that early but still hard work is definitely required.
Here are some steps you would need to take in order to keep up all your gardening work on time when preparing for an all bloomed garden in springs.
1. The very first thing you need to do id to plan our about where you want to have flowers in your garden. Now scatter them all around so that when the flowers bloom at different times of spring they can be seen in all of the area instead of planting one type of flowers at one side this will appear like each part of your lawn or garden having flowers at a particular time and than abandoned. Scattering will make it appear like flowers growing all around through out the whole season.
2. You will need to plant spring bulb flowers in the falls a year before. These plants need proper time to grow so the whole winters they will get time for proper growth. If you live in warmer part of your country you may wait till end of fall but still they require more time.
3. Mix some fresh top soil in your garden soil once the last frost is over in springs and than plant the new annual flowers so the foliage is not damaged.
4. You will have to keep watering plants to keep the soil damp when there is no rain. Plant food and fertilizers can also be added in order to make the plants grow healthier and stronger. Many of the bulbs need phosphorus fertilizer to be sprinkled over the soil. Do that according to the instruction over the packet for how much quantity to be used.
5. Cut out the stems of plants that clump together to give a thinner look to the plant. Moreover you can snip off the blooms that are withered so the food and energy produced by plant is not wasted unnecessarily. This encourages new growth too and let the bulbs attaches to the flowers that later dry up into seeds and fall around that grow the next spring for you.