Roses are the much loved flowers and the best fragrant ones to be believed too. Like preserving flowers by drying them out is great so do it is to dry the rose petals to use in scrap books to cherish the beautiful memories of your life or for making homemade potpourri for decoration in your home. There is a quick way of drying rose petals that is through microwave and yet retaining the vibrant colors of petals as you picked them and there you can form a colorful potpourri for yourself by using rose petals of different colors.
1. Use the flowers that have begun to open so it becomes easier for you to remove the petals separately and picking them without tearing them.
2. Hold the stem firmly in your hand and remove one petal at a time so you are just not destroying any of the petals.
3. Now pour in silica gel into the microwave save container till about an inch in height.
4. Now place the petals over this layer of gel in a way that they should not be touching each other or kept one over another.
5. Now cover your petals with silica gel, once they are covered pour more silica gel into the container again forming a layer one inch high and place more petals the same way over it as you did before. Keep repeating the process until your container is full.
6. Now keep the container in microwave and set the time at one and a half minute for rose petals to dry.
7. Now take the container out of the microwave and cover it with lid and set aside for 24 hours.
8. Start removing the petals one by one from the container and brush them with soft brush to remove any particles of gel over it.
9. Take acrylic paint and spray it over the petals to form a light coating over petals.
Now you are ready to use your petals as potpourri or for any other purpose or way of decoration, once the coating has dried over the petals.