Roses are the prettiest flowers to have around. It is always great and feelssuperb if we get cut flowers and they are roses. Once either we buy the roses as cut flowers ourselves or receive it from a loved one as a token of love in any case we want those flowers to keep refreshing and pleasing us for as long as they can. For keeping your flowers fresh for long and increasing their vase life you will need to take a little care of them.
Caring For Arranged Roses:
- If you receive the roses that are already arranged than locate them at a cool location at a place where they are not vulnerable to the direct sunlight or air vents.
- Each day keep checking the water level and when found less add warm water to maintain the water level required.
- Keep checking your arrangement thoroughly each day and remove any dying foliage or flowers.
- You will need to cut the bottom of stem every 3 to 4 days so you can ensure the water uptake by the stem up to the flower. Remember one thing that always cut the stem at 45 degrees angle and not straight because in that case it may rest straight at the bottom of vase.
Caring For Boxed Roses:
- When you receive the boxed roses you need to immediately unpackthem.
- Now take a flower container assuring that it is clean and than add warm water and flowers preservative to it.
- Now check if the guard petals that are the outer most petals are bruised or damaged. If you find them damaged remove them. These are called the guard petals because they are to secure the inner petals of flowers.
- Now according to your flowers container size remove the foliage off the stems that you think may fall below the water line.
- Now cut your flower stems at bottom at an angle keeping them under the water.
- Now display your flowers at any place where you want.
- When your flowers are ready for display and in the later days take care of the flowers the same way as explained above for arranged roses.