Mother’s Day is celebrated worldwide at different times in different countries. Although no human in this world can ever thank his or her mother for what they do for their children through out their whole life but still this one day allows us to stop for a while and take time out from our routine to thank our mothers and appreciate them for what they made us what we are today.Mother’s Day is celebrated in some countries on fixed dates while in some countries it is associated to the Sundays or some religious festivals.
- Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Taiwan, Turkey and the United States… all celebrate mother’s day on the second Sunday in May.
- Parts of South America, Bahrain, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates… celebrate on May 10th.
- Hungary, Portugal, South Africa, and Spain… have the first Sunday in May.
- Antwerp (Belgium), and Costa Rica… choose August 15th, Assumption day.
- Albania… is March 8th.
- Argentina… the second OR third Sunday in October, the Dia de la Madre.
- France… first Sunday in June OR last Sunday in May.
- Indonesia… chooses December 22nd.
- Lebanon… celebrates on the first day of Spring.
- Norway… mother day is the second Sunday in February.
- Poland… uses May 26th.
- Sweden… has the last Sunday in May.
- Thailand… has August 12th, the birthday of Queen Sirikit Kitiyakara.
- United Kingdon… Mother’s Day, formally Mothering Sunday, is the fourth Sunday in Lent.
The mothers’ Day flowers and gifts can be given to:
- Your mother
- Your Grandmother
- Your Stepmother
- Your Mother-in-law
- Your Wife (Mother of your children)
The Mother’s Day is the day when every child wants to give the best gift to the mother in order to express their feelings to fullest and this can be done best by the help of flowers. You can gift anything any good that you want or thinks that she will like but when it comes to expression of the emotions and feeling nothing can work better than flowers. The flowers appropriate for Mothers’ Day for paying tribute to your mothers are:
- White Carnations: White Carnations are the flowers that were first given on the Mothers’ Day. White Carnations depict purity and innocence and one of the best flowers that can actually represent what a mother is.
- Roses: Roses since ever are the sign for love. How much a mother loves a child or a child loves a mother have certainly no limits so gifting roses on Mothers day can also work well.
- Tulips: Tulips are another choice for expressing your love for your mother.
- Lilies: Lilies again like carnations depict the sweetness and purity of mother.
- Daisies: Daisies are believed to be returning her love for you.
- Orchids: Orchids signify love and beauty but beware of buying black Orchids!!!
Enjoy this mothers Day with your Mother no matter near her or far you can send flowers online too for her.