When ever one receives the floral arrangement as gift or if one cuts the flowers from one’s own garden whatever the source of getting the fresh cut flowers the person owning them always want to preserve their freshness and beauty for longer period of time. The flowers can stay fresh for long only if they are kept free from bacteria. Many times when you buy flowers from florists they provide you with the flower preserver and this is for what it is given by florists. It is either called flower food or flower preservative. If you haven’t bought your flowers from florist that means you do not have this commercial preservative so now if you want your flowers to stay fresh for longer try out this and have home made floral preservative.
Put the flowers in the water that is at room temperature or little warmer as cold water is not suitable for flowers because it have the tendency to shock the flowers.
Now add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice half teaspoon of bleach and one table spoon of sugar to the water and mix all well. This is going to work the same way as the florist’s food pack does normally for the cut flowers.
Now set your flowers in the prepared water and cut the stems of flowers at bottom at an angle of 45 degrees.
If you want to keep your flowers look healthy for longer period of time keep refreshing the water in the vase every two days and adding the lemon, bleach and sugar the same way. Every time when you change the water do cut the stems of the flowers the same way too.
Enjoy your fresh flowers for longer period of time and have the colors of flowers prevail all around your house to bring the freshness.
As fresh flowers bring beauty, aesthetic, colors, life and fragrance to your home they carry a disadvantage with them and that is they can not last for long. The pleasure brought by flowers and obtained by people is really very short period if you keep real flowers as cut flowers. Well it is impossible to hold the splendid fragrance of the flowers but you can surely preserve he beauty of these flowers by drying them and saving them with you for years to increase the beauty of your home and décor.
• Collect or cut your fresh flowers making sure that the stems are no shorter than six to eight inches in length.
• Inspect each bloom that you have collected keenly for any bugs. Now remove any dead petals and move away any loose leaves among your blooms.
• Now make a bunch of flowers that you collected for drying and tie a string that is about six inches long around the bottom of the stems. Tie them tightly and in a way that they are all held together.
• Now hang flowers upside-down using the string. Always hang flowers for drying in a cool dry place and out of direct sun light.
• Do not remove flowers down or untie the string any before than two to three weeks. It normally takes 2 to 3 weeks for flowers to air dry, so wait till this much time at least and even after that check your flowers properly for being fully dried before you take them out.
Dry out all the flowers that are given to you by someone and this way you can save your memories of a special day for a very long period of time.
A simple approach to create floral trinkets and craft items is by preserving flowers obtained from your bouquets or from your lawns. There are numerous ways of preserving flowers and drying them out, one of them is preserving flowers using hot glue. The effect bears a resemblance to flowers covered in botanical soap. The procedure doesn’t require much time or many materials. It’s also an enjoyable craft experience to share with friends or family.
1. First of all select the blooms or flowers that you want to preserve to make a floral arrangement later on. Be careful while selecting flowers that none of the flower chosen by you should have even a little of blemishes all flowers should be completely fresh.
2. Now you need to shear and trim the stems completely and remove all the foliage off the stem there should be just flower left attached to the stem. Start snipping from just below the peduncle of flower; this is the place from where the flower is joined to the stem.
3. Now choose the mold according to the size of flowers that you have chooses for preservation if you have chosen small flowers you can go for a metal ice cube try as this will provide you with numerous molds together. While if you’ve chosen flowers are big than you would need to go for bigger olds like soap crafting molds. Mist the mould by spraying cooking oil finely over it.
4. Now get your hot glue gun and prepare it for the process of flower preservation. Insert the glue stick in gun and wait for 5 minutes for gun to get heated up.
5. Now press the trigger of the gun to make the melted glue fell off the gun tip and lay a thin coating of glue on the bottom of your mold.
6. Now set the flower in the mold in a way that it settles right in the centre and than pour more glue over it but do not form a very thick layer of glue over the flower.
7. Let the glue to dry up for around 20 to 30 minutes and then tip the mold upside down. Now as the sides of mold were sprayed with oil the flower will slip out of mold easily and you have prepared the beautiful encased flowers to be used in numerous crafts to decorate your home.