Roses are ancient symbols of love and beauty. Roses are often considered as the most perfect flowers for expression of love. Roses, in particular, define love so well because of all the various shades some of which are natural and some are man-made; that symbolize the various stages and emotions of love and romance. Here is some really interesting information about roses.
- A single rose of any color in full bloom means “I love you.”
- Two roses put together to form a single stem means an impending engagement or marriage.
- A dozen roses in a bouquet represent a traditional romance, but can signify something more particular, such as a dozen ways that I love you.
- Two dozen roses in a bouquet represent an even deeper attraction and can tell your beloved that you think of them every hour.
- Three dozen roses symbolize a romance that is unlike any other.
- Four dozen roses represent an unchanging and unconditional love.
- One red rose combined with several yellow roses means joviality.
- Pale colored roses symbolize friendship instead than romantic love.
- Deeper colored roses symbolize a more romantic love with passion and intimacy.
- All roses symbolize love, but certain colors of roses can take on special meanings. Opinions vary on the many meanings of roses, but here are some of the more common.
1. Red Roses love, passion, “I Love You”
2. White Roses innocence, purity, reverence, humility
3. Red & White Roses unity
4. Yellow & Red Roses friendship, falling in love
5. Pink Roses grace, gentility, perfect happiness, sweet thoughts
6. Light Pink Roses admiration, sympathy
7. Dark Pink Roses gratitude, appreciation
8. Peach Roses passion
9. Yellow Roses joy, gladness, friendship, platonic love
10. Orange Roses desire, new beginnings
11. Burgundy Roses beauty
12. Black Roses death of old habits, renewal of spirit
13. Blue Roses mystery
14. Green Roses calm, fertility, fruitfulness
15. Purple Roses royalty, majesty, enchantment,
protection, paternal and/or maternal love
16. Lavender Roses falling in love at first sight
17. Tie-Dyed Roses fun, crazy in love
- A bouquet of unopened roses or rosebuds is a symbol of youth and innocent love.
- Red rosebuds symbolize youth and innocent love.
- Pink rosebuds symbolize a love of youthfulness.
- A combination or red and pink rosebuds means that you are youthful and beautiful.
- One full bloomed rose given with two rosebuds symbolizes a undisclosed love.
- White rosebuds symbolize a heart that is too young for romantic love or a heart that knows no love.
- Moss rosebuds symbolize a first declaration of love.
- White rosebuds that have dried or died symbolize short-lived beauty.