Bonsai is a Japanese art form used to grow miniature plants and trees in containers. It has just its own class, beauty and elegance. This is really a whole piece of art that you can see in the small tree in front of you. Isn’t it amazing to see a tree that is just a few inches in size and is a fully grown one? Maintaining a healthy Bonsai tree that you own is simple all you need to do is to just provide it with the proper balance of regular attention and occasional preventative measures and you will experience your tree to remain healthy and thriving for years and years.
• Early spring months are the right time for repotting of your bonsai. Bonsai needs to be repotted every one or two years. Easily spring is the time when the growing season of Bonsai starts so that is why you need to repot them or when you experience your bonsai tree roots bulging out of the pot this is the sign that you need to repot your bonsai, Take the tree out of soil remove any extra sand of the roots trim them to around one third and than quickly repot the tree back before the roots dry up.
• You will need to make a complete watering schedule and water your bonsai each day at the same time according to the amount required by that particular type. Bonsais need regular watering but do not like over watering so check the soil before watering that if the soil is dry an inch from the surface that means it needs water. There should be proper drainage place in the container so that excess water should always be drained out.
• You have to place your indoor Bonsai in a way that it gets at least four hours of direct sunlight. The Bonsais are sun loving trees that require water and proper sunlight each day to prepare the food that they need for their growth. Outdoor bonsais would need the sunlight for six to eight hours but the indoor bonsais adjust according to the conditions but still need about 4 hours of direct sunlight in morning as evening sunlight may cause burn.
• Bonsai grow well in humid areas so you need to maintain humid environment around your bonsai. Usually the air within homes is very dry so you need to keep misting your Bonsai foliage with water spray several times in a day to keep it moist. Humidity level for bonsai can also be maintained by placing a small fan centered at Bonsai that will keep circulating the air for tree or can place your bonsai on a humidity tree.
• The growing season of Bonsai start from early spring to late fall. You will need to fertilize your Bonsai properly in this time period for providing better chances of growth. A well balanced fertilizer should be use4d in this time period and the tree should be fertilized each month. There should be an equal mix of potassium, nitrogen and phosphorus used at half strength.