Strangely but yes, the origin of Mother’s day dates back to the time of Greeks and Romans. Although the Mother’s Day celebrated today all around the world is believed to get its roots from the start of official Mother’s Day celebration in USA but it is said that much before than that in history the Mothering Sunday was celebrated in UK. Today the Mother’s Day that is celebrated doesn’t hold the history of even being 100 years old. Today around 46 different countries in world celebrate Mother’s Day although on different dates. This day is really an opportunity for all to honor their mother’s. The idea of official celebration of Mothers day in US was first suggested by Julia Ward Howe in 1872 while Anna Jarvis is recognized as the Founder of Mothers Day in US. Anna Jarvis although never married or had no children yet she is called the Mother of Mother’s Day.
Mother’s day is generally celebrated round the globe in some countries by offering special prayers in churches for mothers. While children and fathers at home treat their mother and mother of their children with a great breakfast in bed making it a day off for the mother who strives for the betterment of her kids and husband round the year. Mother’s Day flowers and cards are also something essentially associated to Mother’s Day now and as a token of love and honor from children to their mothers. Although the commercialism factor has increased a lot with this day but still the feelings true for the mothers behind everything could be found.
For Mother’s day to get the flowers here’s idea for you as to which flowers you can choose to gift to your mothers.
- Mixed bouquets
- Pot chrysanthemums
- Foliage plants
If your mother loves plants and like to keep them or have a little practical approach then go for gifting her some potted plant that may remain with her for years as a expression of your love over the Mother’s Day.
Sometimes we really do not get how to say all those things that we want to say to our mothers. This day celebrated to honor mothers is a great opportunity to express all these feelings. Here are few messages and quotes that you may use to honor your mother.
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
- Men are what their mothers made them. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. (Honore de Balzac)
- That best academy, a mother’s knee. (James Russell Lowell)
- If there was a day for each thing you have given to me as a mother, it would be Mother’s Day every day. Thanks for always helping me each moment in my life… and today it is you! You’re the best! Thanks for all you do.
- Mom, you’re the best. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Thank you for always being there, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day.
Make this mother’s day as special for your mother as special she made each day of your life.